If you have been injured at work, then you need to make sure you fill out a worker’s compensation form with your employer. The receipt of these benefits means being able to support yourself and your family, we well as cover your medical expenses, while you are recovering from your injuries.
However, all worker’s compensation forms can be different. Before you submit your form, a Minnesota work comp attorney can help you fill it out to ensure accuracy. But even when accurate, 75% of these claims are denied. This means that the appeals process has to be taken on, which your attorney can help you with.
An Experienced Minnesota Work Injury Lawyer
When you have to file for workers’ comp, one of the worries is about how the claim is going to be handled. This is another reason why a qualified workers’ compensation attorney is needed.
Here are some things that you should do right after you are injured:
- Report the injury as soon as it occurs. It does not matter if the injury seems minor, not reporting it means possibly losing compensation rights.
- Fill out the Injury Report at your place of work. In many cases, the employer may try to convince you to not bother the injury or suggest that the form does not need to be filed. All injuries must be reported, even if you were the one at fault for it.
- Make sure you ask your employer for a copy of the Injury Report for your own records
- See a doctor as soon as possible, although your employer may require you to complete an Independent Medical Exam. You should be able to speak to your own doctor about the injury.
- Keep all receipts, papers, and any records and records of conversations that you have with your doctor and other people involved. Keep track of all of your bills, prescriptions, and even transportation costs.
- Always let your employer know about what is happening in the process. If you are off work for a while, it is a must for you to stay in touch with your employer so they know how the recovery is going.
Challenging Work Injury Harassment
It is important to remember that an employer does not have the right to mistreat you because of your injuries. If your employer is retaliating against you because of your injuries, such as threatening to fire you or harassing you about coming back to work, your Minnesota workers comp lawyer can help you exercise your legal rights.
Contact A Minnesota Workers Compensation Lawyer
If you need to apply for worker’s compensation or you have been denied and you wish to appeal the decision, Teplinksy Law Group can help you through the entire process. By having a highly experienced attorney help you through the process, you are better securing your chances for an approval. To learn more about how we can help you, call 612-465-0320 for a free consultation.